Here is a simple fire alarm circuit based on a LDR and lamp pair for sensing the fire.The alarm works by sensing the smoke produced during fire.The circuit produces an audible alarm when the fire breaks out with smoke.
- The speaker can be a 8Ω tweeter.
- POT R4 can be used to adjust the sensitivity of the alarm.
- POT R3 can be used for varying the volume of the alarm.
- Any general purpose NPN transistor( BC548,BC148,2N222) can be used for Q1.
- The circuit can be powered from a 9V battery or a 9V DC power supply.
- Instead of bulb you can use a bright LED with a 1K resistor series to it.
The diode D1 and D2 in combination drops 1.4 V to give the rated voltage (3.5V ) to UM66 .UM 66 cannot withstand more than 4V.